Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What a Weck!

I’ve just discovered the most amazing jars, if you can believe that! I hate putting my food in plastic when I am storing it or reheating it. It makes me uneasy about what chemicals are leaching into my food. So I have started collecting old Pyrex glass storage containers,blue pyrex and recently, I came across a cache of Weck jars.weck-canning-glascopyThese jars are made in the US, but were originally German-made. Their shapes are so much more elegant than regular glass jars, and their rubber ring seal and glass lids are pretty much chemical free.  The lids are held on by little metal clamps.

I like the fact that they can go from the fridge to the microwave, and I don’t have to worry about chemicals. They’re available through Heath Ceramics on-line, but if you order through Weck, it’s all via snail-mail.Weck lights at Delancey in Seattle Or you could make light fixtures out of the Weck asparagus jars, like the Delancey Restaurant in Seattle did.

No comments:

Post a Comment