Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hard Candy Eye Def Glittering Cream


Up for review is Hard Candy Eye Def Glittering Eye Cream Shade Lagoon #326 which was sent over to me from publicity. Below I'm adding a few product specs from the manufacturer before posting my own results:

Eye Def -High Def Glittering Cream Eye Shadow
Eye Def is a unique formulation that coats the lid with fine glitter and a base shadow color. Coverage and sparkle in one application that lasts all day! Ultra pigmented shades infused with flecks and an over sized, angled, doe foot applicator.

Pro:rich pigment-smudge proof-long lasting-cruelty free-no glitter fallout-affordable-great wand!
Con: dry time instant-must work rather quickly to get look-once set on skin it can't be blended


My results: First let me apologize for the bad photo-I almost blinded my eyeball trying to get a shot! I'm not good at these types of swatches but hopefully I'll improve on them. How do you girls get eye look photos without getting blind, camera or web cam? Other than that the color is pretty much accurate in the swatch-a very vibrant rich lagoon blue. This fun eye cream comes packed in an adorable tube with a great applicator wand as it's very big, flexible and great for precision angled looks. The consistency of the formula is a rich creamy shadow infused with flecks of fine glitter, not chunks so it's not tacky at all. Since this formula drys up instantly it stays put! Seriously, you need to work fast and know what look you want to achieve so you can create, set it and your done! It won't budge at all. I'm not a makeup artist so I had no idea what look I was going for (just did a quick shadow application on lower eye) so it was irritating to have to use eye makeup remover to fix it around. The good thing is that it comes off quickly with the remover. So you might need to experiment a few times to know what you want to create before actually setting the look but once you know what you want you go in there and viola! you get a nice shiny eye shadow. The formula glides easily and with the fabulous wand you can use it to line the eye area with precision as well as using it as a shadow base. There is no glitter fallout and it has this wonderful cooling sensation on your skin. I would use this for going out or adding drama rather than a daytime look, it's something I would purchase again especially in this shade but would have to learn how to work with it. If your not going for any particular eye look it works great as a quick shadow base or liner so I would recommend this and give it a 3.5 starfish rating because it's pretty decent just irritating the way it dried up rather quickly not giving me a chance to wipe away my errors and start quickly again. You real talented gals out there who are more professional would have better luck than me in this respect so try it and have fun. Stay beautiful! XOXO
Availability: Walmart $6 Available in 8 vibrant shades



No comments:

Post a Comment