Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hello Kitty Memoirs Of A Kitty Palette






I'm so excited to bring you today's review for Hello Kitty Memoirs Of A Kitty Palette newly released and exclusive to Sephora. Hello Kitty debuted earlier this year and this is the newest arrival along with some other  products in the Hello Kitty line available only at Sephora. I was thinking of getting the other eye palettes a few months back but hesitated because the other palettes had lip gloss in  them and I find lip gloss useless to me in palettes. This new version which is two tiered has two different blushes instead of the lip gloss on the lower level so I splurged. The real reason is my love for Japonica items and with Memoirs Of A Geisha being my favorite novel/movie it was too cute of a tie in with the adorable cherry blossom print to pass up! Not only are the pigments great but the compact is freaking gorgeous with even printed art on the second tier of the palette. It's actually not cheap, flimsy or too girlish as most Hello Kitty cosmetics out there are which are generally made for little girls. This palette is really fat and the colors are sophisticated enough for any age taking you from day to night. A lovely way to showcase shades in the taupe family which I love using plus it has blush instead of useless lip gloss-yeah! This is definitely a buy I'm satisfied with. I also purchased that jumbo mirror Hello Kitty canister with the pink brushes inside, post coming soon. They now how another version of that large kitty all in Swavorski crystals but it's several hundred dollars, no thanks! The mirror one will do for me as the price was high enough. Another mention-the colors are much more rich and pigmented but as usual they don't show up in my crappy camera. Some product info below before posting my review.


Say Hello Palette - Memoirs Of A Kitty
What it is:
A tiered compact with four eyeshadows and two powder blushes.

What it does:
This Hello Kitty compact contains two tiers of high-quality Hello Kitty products. The four eyeshadows include shades ranging from soft rose to warm brown, colors that harmonize beautifully with the two powder blushes. The tiered compact comes in the shape of Hello Kitty and is adorned with the Memoirs of a Kitty cherry blossom print.

The Say Hello palette includes:
- Pearlized Pinky Beige 0.07 oz eyeshadow
- Pearlized Tan 0.07 oz eyeshadow
- Pearlized Honey 0.07 oz eyeshadow
- Sparkling Brown 0.07 oz eyeshadow
- Peach 0.16 oz powder blush
- Rose 0.16 oz powder blush

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens

What else you need to know:
Sweet and effective, this Hello Kitty product contains powerful extracts of strawberry, apple, and grape seed to hydrate and soften skin. Packed with powerful antioxidants, these ingredients also fight free radicals and improve skin's elasticity and youthfulness.
 

 

 Pro: rich pigments-blendable-versatile colors-anti-oxidant formula-no parabens-cruelty free-17 grams total weight-gorgeous huge compact-2 tiered-mirror-lovely print-collectors item-durable construction

Con: may be considered pricey- no refills

My results: This compact is so worth the money in my opinion because you get sophisticated neutral shade you can always use along with a couple of beautiful blushes with a total of 17 grams of product! I'll start with the compact first which is shaped in a huge hello kitty shaped head about 3 inches or so and it's really fat & thick! It's constructed of a durable heavy plastic with an all over cherry blossom print in delicate pinks, light brown & green accents with on a white background. There is a huge green reflective crystal like plastic bow on the top of kitty's head which is so cute!

It has two layers starting with the top portion which houses four different shadows of pinky beige, tan, honey and brown. You can use two of them as highlighters and the darker shades to create smoky eyes. The bottom compartment houses two lovely powder blushes in a peach and rose shade. I'm not a fan of peach but the rose is beautiful! Even the top cover on the bottom compartment is covered in that cherry blossom print all with a mirror included. A great vanity piece or really nice to pull out of your purse. This palette comes packed inside a  nice cherry print box. 

As for the pigments, the shadows are really rich and easy to work with. There not super silky but there not dry either. The shadows have a nice subtle sheen to them without any glitter which is always a plus because some glittery shades are nice but nothing but glitter in your collection can get tacky and it's more suited for tweens. It's a very versatile yet neutral color grouping. The blush is also nice and easy to blend and like the shadow there is just enough moisture without being too silky. It's nice that is has some natural anti-oxidants in the formula and no parabens still it's not 100% natural which I'm hoping cosmetic brands  will work on in the near future but it's at least cruelty free!

This gets a full 5 starfish rating from me for the formula, packaging, over all value, cruelty free and cute factor! I'm not pleased no refills are offered but the total weight of product is 17 grams which is a lot for the price so it's a reasonable splurge. I think it has way more value than the Urban Decay Rollergirl Palette which has no no shades in it other than Woodstock and I already own the single token plus a useless lip gloss for about the same price as Hello Kitty yet this is better! And that's saying  lot for me because I'm a UD junkie! I guess I'm getting wiser as to how I spend on cosmetics but fear not there are a few Urban decay things still waiting to be reviewed by me such as the 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencil. hey, if they ever put the Rollergirl on sale I just might get it too I'm just not paying the retail price for it. If your looking for one really cute palette this summer grab this one and if the colors are too light for you they have other palettes in the collection except those have lip gloss instead of the blush. Stay beautiful XOXO
Availability: Sephora Exclusive Hello Kitty Memoirs Of A Kitty Palette $35
1 OUT OF 5 STARS
1 RATING=WORSE 5 RATING=BEST
PACKAGING:: 5 stars
LONG LASTING:: 5 stars
FORMULA:: 5 stars
MATERIALS:: 5 stars
PRICE & VALUE:: 5 stars
OVERALL PRODUCT:: 5 stars



No comments:

Post a Comment