Monday, April 4, 2011

Urban Decay Eye Shadow Woodstock

Woodstock is Urban Decay's  newly released single token compact shade which is also available in the Feminine Dangerous & Fun Palette (also brand new). I have been sitting on this product for awhile now because the color irked me for some reason and I have to say this is the first UD shade since that glittery Midnight Cowboy (with all it's atrocious glitter fallout) that I'm not really feeling. It even got a lukewarm rating from me on another website which is saying a lot because I'm the first to drool on anything UD. Anyhoo, since using it a few times it's actually growing on me and I'm loving it more than when first using it. For me this color seems like a bright pale reddish shade instead of that bright luscious pink I was after but with loads of application you get a better rich pop of fuchsia. Don't get me wrong I'm not regretting the purchase especially since I own just about every single shade in the token compacts so adding this was a must. Plus with all the bold bright makeup trends for this summer it's a plus to have on hand. I'll get more into my results after posting some product information below.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow
An industry favorite and our best-selling product! Available in over 50 shades, our pigment-rich shadows are versatile, blendable, beautiful.This is the product we were born to make our best-seller! Professionals, celebrities, and makeup junkies swoon for our wide array of shades. Each one is pigment-rich: we load the shadow with color, and add very few binders (the stuff that holds shadow together), resulting in beautiful color that blends easily and lasts. Lots of finishes to suit your mood: sparkle, shimmer, duotone or un-sparkly satin. Our subway token compact comes complete with a window (see your shade without opening), and snaps shut with one hand no more lost lids.



For this shade only:

Pro: long wearing color, slight shimmer without glitter, blendable, cruelty free, fun token

Con: less pigmented, needs a lot of application to achieve a rich bright shade, pricey


My results: With this particular shade I found when applying the shadow that it's formula was slightly drier than the usual Urban Decay shadows and it appears to be less pigmented. It has some subtle sparkle in it but without the glitter which is really nice still it feels more matte to the touch without the silkiness. This is bizarre because I'm always telling everyone how UD has the best rich formula,could I have gotten a dud? A bad seed? Hey stuff happens! The pigment is a little sheer and you need loads of application to get a bright pink pop to show up but if you are looking for a subtle sheer pink layer then this works well because it gives off a nice pale rosy reddish single coat. At least that how it shows up on my skin. Also this shade works better with primer on your lids first. I usually don't wear primer with UD shadows because I find the pigments a little more heavy handed but with this one it was a must. If your not an avid UD makeup junkie then you may also consider this too pricey. If your a collector then this is one you would want to add to your lot. It's so weird that this one shade is making me feel this way! I think I posted how obsessed I was at some point with all pink shadows which was the real reason I purchased this yet it fell flat for me when it first arrived now I'm warming up to it, lol! Don't ask us girls can be fickle sometimes and if I'm moody I can run hot & cold faster than the speed of light. I'm probably going to enjoying using this at wonder why it bothered me so much in the first place. This review has been all over the place but I'm trying to be honest with my findings rather than tell you how fantabulous it really is and to just go buy it. I'm giving it a 3.5 starfish rating only because I feel the formula could be more pigmented as I have come to expect from Urban Decay especially because of the brands price points which I always dish out for when buying their items. Has anyone tried it yet?  Stay beautiful!  XOXO
Availability: Urban Decay Single $17 1.5 gram
Urban Decay Feminine Dangerous Fun Palette $34

No comments:

Post a Comment