Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Blues

I am getting ready to do some painting, and I am looking for a great colour blue. Let me tell you a little about the room where it’s going first.

* It gets a lot of sun, since it’s facing mostly south and west.

* The floors are dark brown hardwood.

* There’s a continuous long wall, a la a shotgun house with a hallway down the length of one side. This will be painted white, since it is part of three rooms.

* The ceilings are low and there are not a lot of architectural details.

Here are some of the colours I am looking at…

blue sages I used the Silver Sage in the hallway of the house where I work and it’s really a gorgeous colour, but it might have too much green in it. The Blue Sage is too dark.

In Valspar, I like their Ounce of Silver or Nil Blue. They seem to have very little green in them.Valspar_Lowes_Tradition_22 copy

Of course, nothing goes on as beautifully as Farrow & Ball paints, but with the amount of painting that needs to be done, it’s probably out of my price range.  However, I am rather partial to Borrowed Light and Pale Powder.F&B blues Is there a blue that you particularly like? What about a brand of paints? I’d love to get your advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment