Monday, January 3, 2011

TarinaTarantino Fuchsia Revolution Brush Set


click to enlarge 

Welcome to 2011! Here's hoping everyone had a fabulous New Year holiday-smooches! and that you guys are not too hung over ;)  Having been busy with all my personal holiday prep that I didn't get a chance to post some of my Christmas loot and this one in particular is an item that had been on my wish list since it's debut but wasn't able to purchase it. Imagine my surprise when unwrapping the shiny pretty icy blue paper with frosty little snowmen dancing around a pond, pure glee! I know it's just a brush set but it makes up for a unnerving holiday which I'm not going to get into here... Tarina Tarantino Fuchsia Revolution Brush Set is far better than in person than on web pages. The size of the brushes and box is rather impressive with the box around 7 x 5 inches and a couple of inches deep, it can be likened to a fat journal which doubles as a jewelry- keepsake box if you remove the brush set. It also has a lovely large oval mirror on the opposite panel which is really nice with an adorned gold bow print above it. The actual construction is a heavy duty cardboard covered in a soft silver faux leather lining, a metallic logo TT charm and pink trim all around. The brushes comes packaged with a pink box within a box. The biggest brush is about 6 inches and the others are just a tad smaller making five brushes in the set altogether which are powder, eye pigment, smudge, liner and crease. These brushes are all synthetic fibers with heavy constructed wooden handles in pink and brush tips in a fuchsia metallic shade. Each brush is stamped and numbered with it's specific purpose, there not as flimsy as I had imagined, very well constructed. It also has a little note from Tarina Tarantino and a list explaining which brush to use for what job. My favorite so far is the powder brush and even though I've yet to test these out the fibers are ridiculously soft and fluffy. I'll post an update when I actually use these brushes. I have to mention the smudge brush is better than those thrifty smudgers. The quality is very thick and soft, it isn't likely that this will tear apart with usage that easily. I'm grateful for having received this set because if I waited to buy it they probably would have sold out. I think Sephora still has these as they were a Sephora only exclusive. Does anyone own this set and what do you think about the quality so far?  Stay beautiful! XOXO
Availability: Sephora

No comments:

Post a Comment