Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tokidoki Highway Robbery Palette Loot 3

tokidoki metal palette tin cover
click to enlarge names of each shade in palette
bonus giant removable magnet attached to palette cover
inside the tin-mirror and 3 travel palettes
design underneath removable palettes-royal pride,arlecchino,rapina
top cover for pull out palettes
backside design of palettes
view of open palettes with cute jail cell theme
the empty case to use as keepsake after removing palettes
royal pride
arlecchino

 rapina

Today's review is for my last and final palette from holiday gifts making me covered with enough shadows and blush to survive an unforeseen nuclear disaster should it arise. Ha,who cares about starvation & radiation when makeup stockpiles are all that matters, right? Let my skin peel and my teeth fall out from chemical warfare my palettes will fix me right up! Lol! No, seriously... I know I have way too much of these thingies. Well let's just jump right into the review shall we. This was one of those palettes I really wanted to try because I'm such a huge fan of Tokidoki and I try to collect stuff from the line whenever the chance comes my way and unfortunately I never got around to buying this one so it was a welcomed gift. It was nice to have someone go through my Sephora wish list for me this year and more than I expected. Tokidoki Highway Robbery Palette is a sturdy metal hinged cover case with three different pull out travel palettes. The design theme is jailhouse with prison cells and criminal characters from the world of Tokidoki splattered all over the palette. Even underneath when you open the case of the palette and underneath the bottom of the tin a sly little robber peeks at you through the his prison cell, so cute! The flip-side of the case cover has a beautiful generous size mirror with graphic artwork all around it and the bottom of the case houses the three different palettes that you can take out and travel with. I love that I can take all three in a cosmetic case if I don't want to travel with the tin or just pop one particular palette of my choice in my bag. The actual metal case is about 7x5 inches with maybe an inch thick. You can also pack the entirety of the palettes in a suitcase or  your backpack because it's lightweight and travel friendly. The individual palette is like about the size of a pocket memo pad maybe 4x2 inches without a mirror inside but cute graphic jail cell bandits. You get 4 shadows, one being a highlighter with a blush inside each case making a total of 12 different shadows and 3 different blushes. Shadow size is very small but you can get a lot of different looks and usage out them plus giving you a chance to try the shades which I believe are permanent in the tokidoki make up line as are the blushes. I already have a few of the single eye shadows but never purchased a blush from the line and have to say they are gorgeous! My favorite so far is Polpettina from the Rapina palette. It's such a rosy shimmer shade. Royal Pride is also a lovely blush from the Royal Pride palette. The first palette Royal Pride creates a more earthy look, Arcchelino (harlequin) is cool tone allowing you to create a jeweled look and the third Rapina palette creates more sultry smoky eye look. You can click the top photo to see all the names of a shade you might be interested in. Oh, before I forget! The palette cover has a giant removable Tokidoki collectors magnet on top as a bonus, it's really big like over 3 inches making it an added treat for Tokidoki lovers. The pigments are really rich and have a lovely sheen to them with the exception of Adios which is a matte black and Bullets appears to be silver but has a slight purplish shift to it, very nice. It's a fun kit for girls of all ages and a must have for the serious Tokidoki collector. You get enough pigments to last and a reusable storage case with unique artwork so it's worth it for me as I love all things Tokidoki. So there you have it and no more bombarding you with palette reviews for awhile. I'm looking forward to posting some different stuff in the upcoming days but I just wanted to get these reviews out of the way before they slipped my mind.  Anyone have this collection? Stay beautiful! XOXO
Availability: Sephora $49 (now on sale)

No comments:

Post a Comment