Monday, July 5, 2010

Cover Girl Clean Foundation



from top shade 210 shade 220 with porcelain for color comparison


Heeeeeey Thuuuuuur! It's the return of Venus in Virgo! Eyzzz back...I hope everyone is having a great summer and had a blast on July 4th. Although I'm technically still on a hiatus I will be able to start posting regularly again and I have a ginormous amount of beauty-fashion news with tons of product reviews-tips and new features to post about. Including a heap of new product press info on Urban Decay Fall 2010 line sent to me a few days ago.It's total madness! I don't know how I'm going to get all this stuff on my little blog but hey it's a good thing I thrive in chaos...long live my ludicrous speed mode. Is anyone else melting in this shhmeltering 100 degree heat wave? Anyway-as promised before I left I said I was going to test out all the goodies that Cover Girl sent me so I will start my first post on Cover Girl Clean Foundation in the sensitive skin formula.My biggest concern was the shade match to my own skin and I'm glad I received a couple of different shades to try.First shade was 210 Classic Ivory-the second shade was 220 Creamy Natural.I also added a photo of L'oreal True Match that I wear to give you guys a picture of the shade differentiation as you can see in the photo how much lighter the L'oreal Porcelain shade that I use is.Let me just rule out the 220 right off the bat because it was too dark plus too beige-y on my skin.Classic Ivory 210 was much better even though still too beige on my. Yep,that's right I'm that light .I think I could get away with wearing this shade in the winter when your skin needs a bit more coloring.That's not a reflection on the foundation it's just a matter of getting the right shade and I believe Cover Girl makes a lighter Ivory in shade 205 but I didn't get that one-darn!.The formula itself is great.Very light and very build-able although if you don't get the right shade and you try to add more layers for coverage on a flaw it will show up. I loved how easily it blends while making your skin feel naked.It lasted all day and gave off a soft glow as this isn't a matte formula but it's not oily or greasy at all. Plus it didn't irritate or make my skin break out as I have sensitive skin. It's definitely a good quality find for a drug store brand as long as you find your exact color match.There's a lot more coming so stay posted xoxo
Availability: Drug Stores Everywhere $7 to $12 Twelve Shades available

No comments:

Post a Comment