Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hard Candy Lash Tinsel Glitter Mascara

Tinsel just for your tree? I think not...with Hard Candy Lash Tinsel Glitter Mascara your lashes get to celebrate all year round. This fun mascara was sent to me from publicity over at Hard Candy Cosmetics in a gorgeous teal/green shade called UFO 352. Don't you just love cosmetics with adorable names especially far out spacey alien ones. A little product information listed below before I get to my review:

LASH TINSEL:A gel-based mascara with serious sparkle. Glitter Mascara creates lashes that are full of brilliant glitter for an all-out glam-tastic look! Steal the spotlight at your special occasion or simply flaunt a little shimmery flair for the fun of it!

Pro:lasting formula-smudge proof-no glitter fallout-cruelty free-add length-affordable-lash brush
Con: color is subtle unless your apply several coats

My results: This mascara was really fun to use and found the best quality was the fact that it lasted all day without any glitter fallout. As most of you guys know when working with a glitter based product it can get quite messy and irritating having to rub excess glitter from off of your face so no glitter flakes was a plus! The applicator wand is also really nice lengthening & separating the lashes without clumping. The formula was irritant free as I have sensitive eyes another plus for me. Surprisingly enough the formula was durable staying in place until you wash it off usually glitter cosmetics don't stay put. What it could improve on was more color transfer on the lashes because it took many swipes to get the color to pop but it's buildable without clumping so that's good. I added a few tips on how to get the shade to show up more on your lashes in the tip box above. Most color mascara has the same issue but at least this is cruelty free and affordable. When you do apply it right the glitter catches the light nicely but noticeable mostly when people are really close to you. I couldn't get my camera to grab a better shot than the swatch I added but you can see the sparkles a bit. I would definitely would purchase and recommend this product giving it a 4.5 starfish rating more color impact would have a 5 rating but still a really fun mascara! Stay beautiful! XOXO
Availability:Walmart Lash Tinsel $4.68 6 colors available

No comments:

Post a Comment