Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Jason Isringhausen notches 300th save



Isringhausen became the closer for the Mets once Francisco Rodriguez was traded to the Milwaukee Brewers in July. Since then, the right hander has shined in his new role.

“I’m just glad it’s over with so we can move on, hopefully, maybe get 301 tomorrow. I’m happy I got it, but I’ve got another game tomorrow,” said Isringhausen. “Now it’s time to move on for myself and keep playing baseball and hopefully get a few more saves before the end of the year.”

Isringhausen, who made his MLB debut as a Met in 1995, showed up to spring training in March with hopes of making the club. After staying for extended spring training, not only was he given a spot on the roster, but he’s become an integral part of his original team.

Story Here



Got something to discuss, share, promote or advertise? Well check out the Great Monkey Suit Forum then!

No comments:

Post a Comment